Hill's Canned Food Recalled

February 5, 2019

“Unexplained acute kidney failure and high levels of vitamin D, vomiting, tremors, eventually refusing to eat,” Facebook user Jennifer Ann posted to the page, with a photo of her dog. “Been feeding Hill’s I/D canned food. Staley passed away 12.16.18 after almost $10,000 in vet bills trying to save her life. Hills, sorry you’re paying for this.”
Caitlin Gibson, a features reporter at The Washington Post, wrote in a tweet that her dog also died after eating affected prescription food from Hill’s. Her dog also showed symptoms of vitamin D poisoning.
Hill’s Pet Nutrition said in the statement it had “identified and isolated” the issue, which was apparently caused by a supplier error. Hill’s said an investigation confirmed the elevated vitamin D levels, which it became aware of through a complaint about a sick dog in the United States. The company will now require the supplier to do additional quality testing before releasing ingredients.

Please reload

Recent Posts

November 22, 2017

Please reload

Archive

Please reload

Tags

Please reload

(541) 979-1952

Lebanon Oregon

©2016 BY VETERINARY CHAPLAIN. PROUDLY CREATED WITH WIX.COM